This website is a tool for King County organizations and residents to work together for healthier places to live, learn, work and play. This section includes resources to help you use the map, stories, videos, and images to take action in your community. We are also working closely with Let's Do This King County and below have featured specific ways to make changes to promote smoke free areas and access to healthy eating and active living.
We have created resources in five areas:
Use the Map - Here you will find guides and tips to present for decision makers and as a tool for community education. We have divided up this section by health topic and included multiple language versions.
Learn the Issues - This section includes fact sheets and resources for learning more about obesity, tobacco, and diabetes in King County.
Get Inspired- Take a look at what other groups across the country are doing to prevent tobacco use, reduce obesity, and fight diabetes.
Tell your Story - We have included the curriculum we used to create these digital stories and gather photographs from community residents. Check it out - make your own - share it here!
Join the Cause - Organizations across King County are coming together to create healthier neighborhoods. Join us!
- Facilitator guides for a selection of stories. See Brown Sugar Baby (obesity/diabetes), Save My Little Saigon (access to healthy food, cultural identity), Nubes de Humo (smoke free areas), and Dragon Park (access to green space).
- Sample letters and petitions to create smoke free housing areas.
- Actions you can take with your neighbors to demand healthy food.
- Strategies to increase access to physical activity.
- Ways to get your institution to reduce access to soda.
Lena and Hernan have been showing their story to youth and decision-makers in the schools to advocate for healthy school lunches. Check out their story below, Sun, Earth, Rain, Community, Health.